The perfect luxury cooking gift for the holidays, this gourmet, hand-crafted spice collection brings the art of Indian cooking to your kitchen. Includes 15 of Nani's spices & hand-ground spice blends, spice spoon, and recipe cards for the only Indian meals you will ever need to know. Everything is packaged in an adorable gift box for the holidays.
Custom spice blends (5):
- Biryani: 14 spices, roasted & hand-ground for the ultimate rice including dried red chillies, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, bay leaves and more.
- Chana Masala: The perfect curry base for chickpeas (chana), legumes & more
- Chaat Masala: The secret to indian street food
- Garam Masala: Garam meaning 'hot' is the ultimate hot / sweet mix to add a robust flavor into many curries and vegetable dishes
- Dhana Jiru: The core spice in many Gujurati dishes, made of ground coriander and cumin seeds, dating back to the 1900s and bringing an earthy flavor into dishes.
Essential spices (10):
- Hing (Asafoetida): The secret weapon of Indian cuisine, this spice comes from a family of fennel with a distinctive garlic-onion taste to add umami to certain indian dishes.
- Red Chilli Powder: A perfect blend of dried red chillies, popular in sichuan cooking, this blend puts paprika to shame, with a more concentrated spice relative to fresh chillies.
- Green Cardamom: Also known as 'true cardamom", these pods bring an elegant & aromatic layer to dishes.
- Cinnamon sticks: Historically a luxury in cooking, it's sweet complex flavor has become a staple in middle eastern and south-east asian dishes.
- Cloves: One of the earlier spice trades in China, cloves were used to freshen breath and later used in a variety of asian dishes with a sweet, astringent flavor.
- Coriander seeds: One of the world's oldest spices, coriander brings a citrusy, earthy note to dishes and is one of the last spices added to preserve it's flavor.
- Black peppercorns: Always ground fresh or used whole to enhance its fiery flavor.
- Cumin seeds: With evidence of excavations dating back to the second millenium BC, cumin is a historic centerpeice of curry. When toasted, it adds a nutty aromatic flavor.
- Turmeric: Known as the golden spice, turmeric has long been known to have anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties and is one of the staples of Asian cooking.
- Coriander Seeds: In the cilantro family, coriander seeds are the plant's dried fruit, which can be used whole or ground, with a slightly citrusy flavor, which when roasted, enhances its floral tones.
- Mustard Seeds: Black mustard seeds are tiny seeds popular in Indian and African cuisine, dating back to Mesopotamia where it was ground into pastes and mixed with different acidic juices to flavor food. Typically it is fried until it pops as the first step in many Indian vegetable dishes.
Organic chai-for-four: Hand-ground, organic & made in small batches, this custom chai blend includes: Organic Ginger Powder, Organic Cardamom, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Organic Nutmeg, Organic Clove, Organic Black Peppercorn for the perfect cup of tea.
Carefully sourced, each ingredient is hand-roasted & ground for the freshest taste. Nani aims to make it easy for people to recreate her classics at home.
Includes: 2oz plastic jars of each spice, chai-for-four flat pack, recipe cards & delicate spice spoon.