Every spice in Nani's gourmet, hand-crafted collection along wtih custom recipe cards to create authentic Indian meals in the comfort of your kitchen.
Includes 17 flat packs, spice spoon and recipe cards.
Custom spice blends (6):
- Biryani: 14 spices, roasted & hand-ground for the ultimate rice including dried red chillies, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, bay leaves and more.
- Chana Masala: The perfect curry base for chickpeas (chana), legumes & more
- Chaat Masala: The secret to indian street food
- Garam Masala: Garam meaning 'hot' is the ultimate hot / sweet mix to add a robust flavor into many curries and vegetable dishes
- Dhana Jiru: The core spice in many Gujurati dishes, made of ground coriander and cumin seeds, dating back to the 1900s and bringing an earthy flavor into dishes.
- Chai-for-four: The perfect indian masala chai, all organic and freshly ground for maximum taste.
Essential spices (11):
- Hing (Asafoetida): The secret weapon of Indian cuisine, this spice comes from a family of fennel with a distinctive garlic-onion taste to add umami to certain indian dishes.
- Red Chilli Powder: A perfect blend of dried red chillies, popular in sichuan cooking, this blend puts paprika to shame, with a more concentrated spice relative to fresh chillies.
- Green Cardamom: Also known as 'true cardamom", these pods bring an elegant & aromatic layer to dishes.
- Cinnamon sticks: Historically a luxury in cooking, it's sweet complex flavor has become a staple in middle eastern and south-east asian dishes.
- Cloves: One of the earlier spice trades in China, cloves were used to freshen breath and later used in a variety of asian dishes with a sweet, astringent flavor.
- Coriander seeds: One of the world's oldest spices, coriander brings a citrusy, earthy note to dishes and is one of the last spices added to preserve it's flavor.
- Black peppercorns: Always ground fresh to enhance its fiery flavor and bring out other spices properties.
- Fennel seeds: A staple in aryuvedic medecine, fennel has a liqorice-like taste with a sweetness that pairs beautifully in savory dishes.
- Cumin seeds: With evidence of excavations dating back to the second millenium BC, cumin is a historic centerpeice of curry. When toasted, it adds a nutty aromatic flavor.
- Turmeric: Known as the golden spice, turmeric has long been known to have anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties and is one of the staples of Asian cooking.
- Ajwain (carom seeds): A seed-like fruit added to indian spice mixes with a fragrant, bitter taste. Rich in iber, minerals, vitamins & antioxidants, these seeds can be chewed, added to water, or tea.
Carefully sourced, each ingredient is hand-roasted & ground for the freshest taste. Nani aims to make it easy for people to recreate her classics at home.