Every Indian cooking spice you need. This gourmet, hand-crafted collection of Angry Nani's premium spices & hand-crafted blends brings the art of Indian cooking to your kitchen. Includes 2oz jars of:
- 16 spices, 11 everyday cooking spices & 5 specialty blends, hand-roasted and ground weekly by Nani for the freshest taste
- Recipe vault of 12+ must-have Indian dishes, centered around vegeterian cuisine, with meat, gluten-free, vegan and kid-friendly options
- Organic chai-for-four
- Spice spoon
- Recycled cotton gift bags from the Nomi Network, a non-profit working to empower human-trafficking victims globally. Each bag supports a women learning new skills.
The perfect wedding, birthday or thoughtful gift to send to loved ones.
Custom spice blends (5):
- Biryani: 14 spices, roasted & hand-ground for the ultimate rice including dried red chillies, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, bay leaves and more.
- Chana Masala: The perfect curry base for chickpeas (chana), legumes & more
- Chaat Masala: The secret to indian street food, a zingy blend perfect for cocktails as well!
- Garam Masala: Garam meaning 'hot' is the ultimate hot / sweet mix to add a robust flavor into many curries and vegetable dishes
- Dhana Jiru: The core spice in many Gujurati dishes, made of ground coriander and cumin seeds, dating back to the 1900s and bringing an earthy flavor into dishes.
Essential spices (11):
- Hing (Asafoetida): The secret weapon of Indian cuisine, this spice comes from a family of fennel with a distinctive garlic-onion taste to add umami to certain indian dishes.
- Red Chilli Powder: A perfect blend of dried red chillies, popular in sichuan cooking, this blend puts paprika to shame, with a more concentrated spice relative to fresh chillies.
- Green Cardamom: Also known as 'true cardamom", these pods bring an elegant & aromatic layer to dishes.
- Cinnamon sticks: Historically a luxury in cooking, it's sweet complex flavor has become a staple in middle eastern and south-east asian dishes.
- Cloves: One of the earlier spice trades in China, cloves were used to freshen breath and later used in a variety of asian dishes with a sweet, astringent flavor.
- Coriander seeds: One of the world's oldest spices, coriander brings a citrusy, earthy note to dishes and is one of the last spices added to preserve it's flavor.
- Black peppercorns: Always ground fresh or used whole to enhance its fiery flavor.
- Cumin seeds: With evidence of excavations dating back to the second millenium BC, cumin is a historic centerpeice of curry. When toasted, it adds a nutty aromatic flavor.
- Turmeric: Known as the golden spice, turmeric has long been known to have anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties and is one of the staples of Asian cooking.
- Ajwain (carom seeds): A seed-like fruit added to indian spice mixes with a fragrant, bitter taste. Rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins & antioxidants, these seeds can be chewed, added to water, or teas.
- Coriander Seeds: In the cilantro family, coriander seeds are the plant's dried fruit, which can be used whole or ground, with a slightly citrusy flavor, which when roasted, enhances its floral tones.
- Mustard Seeds: Black mustard seeds are tiny seeds popular in Indian and African cuisine, dating back to Mesopotamia where it was ground into pastes and mixed with different acidic juices to flavor food. Typically it is fried until it pops as the first step in many Indian vegetable dishes.
Organic chai-for-four: Hand-ground, organic & made in small batches, Nani's best-selling chai is the only freshly-ground, organic small-batch chai on the market.
Chai: CTC Assam Tea, Organic Ginger Powder, Organic Cardamom, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Organic Nutmeg, Organic Clove, Organic Black Peppercorn.